Section 3 Plan
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 is to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low-and very low-income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulations implementing Section 3 are found at 24 CFR Part 135.
When Section 3 is applicable, the Housing Authority requires its contractors to demonstrate good faith efforts to comply, to the greatest extent feasible, with Section 3 and the Housing Authority of the County of Kern’s Section 3 Plan.
- Businesses are encouraged to complete the HUD Section 3 registration online
Section 3 Compliance Forms
- Attachment A – Economic Opportunity Plan
- Attachment B – Certification of Residency
- Attachment C – Business Concerns Certification
- Attachment D – Section 3 Provisions
- Attachment F – Utilization Bidders Certification
- Attachment H – Monthly Section 3 Report
- Attachment I – Greatest Extent Feasible
- Attachment J – Sample Project Notice
- Attachment K – Job Descriptions
- Complaint Register