The Housing Authority created an online portal for residents to expedite public housing management. The Online Portal provides residents with convenient access to web-based rent payments, maintenance requests, community newsletters and annual certifications.
If you are a Housing Authority resident and would like to benefit from the online portal please register by following the below instructions.
How to Register
- Go to: www.kernhousing.com
- Click Resident Login (upper right-hand corner)
- “Click Here to Register” link at the bottom of the page
- Click “I have a registration code” (IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A Registration Code contact the Housing Authority at (661)631-8500)
- Enter registration code- follow the links
- Enter Personal Details
- Complete all pages
You will receive an email confirming your registration.
Kiosk locations for you to register can be found at the following sites:
- Housing Authority of the County of Kern – 601 24th Street, Bakersfield
- KCDCSS – Child Support Office – 3701 N. Sillect Ave, Bakersfield
- Court Building – Room 300 – Court Office 1215 Truxtun, Bakersfield