The following items must be brought to the interview for Public Housing Assistance at:
601-24th St., Bakersfield, CA 93301.
You cannot be determined eligible for participation unless you have all of the documents listed above with you. If you have any questions, please call the Housing Authority at:
661-631-8500 and ask for the Applications Department ext. 1200.
- Birth Certificates, Social Security cards for every person on the application and picture I.D. for all adults on the application.
- Name, address and telephone number of your landlords for the past three years.
- CURRENT rent receipts for the past six (6) months, if living with someone we will give a rent verification form.
- A printout of your utilities from gas and lighting company or from PG&E for the past 12 months.
- Verification of income – only what applies to your family:
- A printout from Social Security Administration showing the TOTAL amount you will receive PER MONTH.
- A printout from the Department of Human Services showing income you received PER MONTHfor the past year.
- If receiving Unemployment, please bring the AWARD LETTER showing the amount you will receive PER WEEK from the Employment Development Department.
If working, we will give you a from to take to your employer to complete.
- Verification of income from any other sources must show monthly or weekly amounts received.
- BANK VERIFICATION
If you have the last 6 months’ statements (for checking or savings) bring these in; if not, we will give you a form to take to the bank and have completed.
- Vehicle registration for all vehicles owned and/or that you use.
- If you are a veteran, bring in your DD214 or discharge paper